Archive for category Just for Fun
Yesterday I was commissioned to photograph Tonka, the 2yr old wombat at Billabong Sanctuary who has been diagnosed with depression following the sanctuary’s closure after Cyclone Yasi. Seems Tonka has been missing all the cuddles and hugs he’s used to and has dropped 20% of his body weight. Well, a bit of shameless PR and the reopening of the park on Saturday should solve that issue – Tonka won’t know what hit him when the kids start arriving in droves at the weekend!
UPDATE: iOS 4.3 is now available as a general release. Plug your iOS device into iTunes and check for updates.
Apple has released the gold master of iOS 4.3 so it’s easy for anyone to upgrade now ahead of Apple’s official general public release. I’ve put together this easy guide below to help you out.
- Upgrade your iTunes to 10.2. It’s available now, just open iTunes and check for an update if you aren’t already on 10.2.
- Download the iOS 4.3 Gold Master for your device – iPhone 4 (link), iPhone 3GS (link), iPod Touch 4G (link), iPod Touch 3G (link), iPad 3G & WiFi (link)
- Connect and sync your iOS device via USB and make sure to do a backup
- In iTunes hold Alt (shift on PC) and click on the ‘Restore’ button then point it to one of the Gold Master files you’ve just downloaded.
- Wait 10-15 minutes while it restores to the new iOS 4.3
- iTunes will then recognise it as a new device. Restore from the backup you made at step 3 and you’ll be back in business just as before but now sporting a spanking new iOS 4.3!
- Show some love and retweet my tweet
I’ve thought about getting into this for a few years and finally thought I’d give it a try this year. There are a few different ’365/Pic a Day’ sites and they are all pretty good – it’s the idea and concept that really works. Many people try and take the time to shoot something really special each day for it but as a photographer that’s the last thing I want to do. I’d like to show you (and myself in a year) things that really catch my eye and mean something to me visually or emotionally. That’s why I’m shooting ALL my 365 photos on my iPhone 4. It’s always with me and puts me on a level playing field with all other iPhone 4 owners. It’s not too late for you to get started, doesn’t matter if you miss the first little bit. Head to the 365 Project site here and follow me, I’ll follow you in turn.
Was just enjoying a quiet Sunday afternoon beer when this storm rolled in. Lasted only 10 mins but in that time it knocked down a few trees and raised my pool level by 30mm. Didn’t think I’d see that this arvo! (Shot on my iPhone)