Posts Tagged Apple
UPDATE: iOS 4.3 is now available as a general release. Plug your iOS device into iTunes and check for updates.
Apple has released the gold master of iOS 4.3 so it’s easy for anyone to upgrade now ahead of Apple’s official general public release. I’ve put together this easy guide below to help you out.
- Upgrade your iTunes to 10.2. It’s available now, just open iTunes and check for an update if you aren’t already on 10.2.
- Download the iOS 4.3 Gold Master for your device – iPhone 4 (link), iPhone 3GS (link), iPod Touch 4G (link), iPod Touch 3G (link), iPad 3G & WiFi (link)
- Connect and sync your iOS device via USB and make sure to do a backup
- In iTunes hold Alt (shift on PC) and click on the ‘Restore’ button then point it to one of the Gold Master files you’ve just downloaded.
- Wait 10-15 minutes while it restores to the new iOS 4.3
- iTunes will then recognise it as a new device. Restore from the backup you made at step 3 and you’ll be back in business just as before but now sporting a spanking new iOS 4.3!
- Show some love and retweet my tweet
Just stumbled over this great timelapse by US photographer Peter Belanger and thought I’d give you a look. It shows Peter shooting an iPhone Macworld cover on a view camera with a Phase One digital back. Not only is this a great idea of the effort and skill that goes into something that seems like it would be simple but it is also a fantastic and well thought out timelapse showing from start to finish of the production of a magazine cover. Enjoy more of Peter’s great work at his blog here
Thought I’d knock up this quick demo of Backgrounder running on my jailbroken iPhone 3GS with OS 3.1.3. GREAT app, until OS 4.0 is released to the public this is the only real option for running apps (that should be able to run in the background) in the background. Any questions, feel free to ask!
Last night I heard about a great application called AirVideo [iTunes store link] which works on the iPad, iPhone and the iPod Touch. A stunning app that streams video content from a server on your network to your portable device, converting nearly any format to play virtually immediately! I was so impressed that I knocked up a quick demo/review video in HD. One of the top apps I have found!