Posts Tagged intel
07 Jan 2010 UPDATE – Couple of changes to the list below… The equipment is on the way to me (hopefully will arrive before the weekend)
A couple of days ago I thought I would be a ‘little bit fancy‘ and update the software on my original XBox’s XBox Media Center. And……. I killed it
So, great opportunity to build a snazzy home theater pc (HTPC) I reckon! Something that looks like this!
- It must connect to my home network and stream video from my iMac or another machine on the network that is sharing
- It must have a dual tuner HD TV tuner card
- It must play Blu-Ray discs
- It must be normal audio component size
So, this is what I have come up with but I would really, REALLY love any input or advice you can give me. I am pretty handy around a PC so I can build it myself easy peasy.
- Antec Fusion Remote HTPC Case Silver (AUS$212)
- Zalman ZM460B-APS Noiseless ATX Ver2.03 / ATX12V, Ver2.2 20+4pin Power Supply (AUS$93)
- Asus P5G43T-M-PRO G43 2*DDR3-1333 PCI-E16 GBL DVI/VGA/HDMI Motherboard (AUS$119)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz CPU that is in my wife’s (about to be replaced) PC Intel ATX E7500 CORE 2 DUO 2.93G 3MBCache 1066FSB LGA775 (AUS$144)
- Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM (AUS$139)
- Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 SATA II 7200RPM 32M (AUS$105)
- Samsung SH-B083A Blu-Ray Combo SATA (AUS$128) Pioneer BDC202BK Blu-Ray Combo SATA Black OEM (AUS$163)
- Hauppauge HVR-2200 Hybrid Dual Tuner Card (AUS$177)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM (AUS$119)
I have put in links to the pages on UMart’s site (my usual supplier of non Mac stuff)
So… Anything look wrong with this? Can you think of something better? I’d really love the input from a few geeky htpc experts out there! Feel free to post in the comments section or send me a tweet to @cammo
Being a self-confessed geek I have to keep up to date with the latest gadgetry and since switching to Apple ‘seeing the light’ last year I MUST get the latest gear as soon as it is released!
So, I am selling my black MacBook. It’s a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz with 4GB of RAM and a 250GB SATA drive. It’s on eBay at this link. Here’s a couple of snaps to whet your appetite.